How to work DC motors: We know that a motor is a device that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. In the case of DC motors, it is a type of motor that uses DC current to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. In fact, the motor principle is based on the Faraday law which states that it is the conversion of electrical and mechanical energy.
How to work DC motors. All the electro-mechanical developments that we see around us are an AC. Or on the other hand caused by a DC engine. Here we will investigate these types of engines. It is a device that converts DC electronics into mechanical power.
When the current carrying conductor is placed in a magnetic field it faces a torque and moves. This is known as motoring activity. If the current direction of the wire is opposite, then the direction of rotation is also opposite. They provide a mechanical power when connecting the magnetic field and the electric field, and in the light of the working rules of the DC engine.
Basic Electrical Full Forms
Type of DC motor
DC motors are generally classified according to their exciting configuration, below –
- Individually excited (field winding is fed by external source)
- Self-excited –
- Series wound (attached to the series with the rotating armature of the field)
- Shunt wound (field air is connected parallel to the armor)
- Compound wounds –
- Long shunt
- Short shunt
DC motors consist of the following:
- Air gap
DC motors can be classified as
- Shunt Motor
- Separately Excited Motor
- Series Motor
- Permanent Magnet motor
- Compounded Magnet motor
Examples of DC motors: fans, household appliances, blowers and pumps etc.
DC motor facility
- Easy to control speed over a wide range
- Traction and servo motors use DC motors
- Comfortable to use, as its dimensions allow to save enough space.
Disadvantages of DC motor
- DC engine creates low weight condition; this is why it cannot be used for artificial hearts. We have the opportunity to use it for artificial heart, we need to convert it in 60 minutes.
- Related to AC engines, DC engines are expensive.