Simply put, a breaker is an automatic device that gives security. This suggests that it’s a tool that keeps electrical and electronics equipment safe. When there’s excessive power flow within the line (in the machinery) any accident can happen which protects the Breaker may be a sort of device which will open or close a circuit altogether conditions (no-load condition, full load condition and faulty condition).
What does breaker work? The is automatically protects the circuit when the voltage is above the planning voltage during a circuit. Just in case of short in AC line (line to line or line to neutral). Breaker works if there’s excess load and voltage increases.
Types of circuit breakers:
1. supported arc or fire extinguishing
- Well Circuit breaker.
- Air Circuit breaker.
- Sulfur hexafluoride Circuit breaker.
- Vacuum Circuit breaker.
2. Supported service
- Outdoor breaker
- Indoor breaker
3. Supported operating mechanism
- Spring operated breaker.
- Pneumatic breaker.
- Hydro-electric breaker.
4. Supported the voltage label installation
- High voltage breaker
- Medium voltage breaker
- Low-voltage breaker
5. It also can be divided within the following ways
- Magnetic breaker.
- Common trip breaker
- Thermal breaker
- Disconnecting breaker
- Carbon dioxide breaker
To learn more
- MCB > Miniature Current breaker . 👈
- MCCB > Moulded cash Current breaker . 👈
- HRC > High Rupturing Capacity. 👈
- ELCB > Earth Leakage Current breaker 👈
- ACB > Air Current breaker 👈
- VCB > Vacuum Current breaker 👈
- OCB > Oil Current breaker 👈
- RCCB > Residual Current Current breaker 👈
- LBS > Load Break Switch 👈